Extension to COVID-19 Supplements
- The benefit of COVID-19 Supplements will be extended up to 31st March 2021.
- This will be paid at $150/fortnight (previously $250/fortnight) to recipients of Job Seeker payment, Parenting payment, Youth Allowance, Au study payment, Special Benefit, Widow Allowance and Partner Allowance.
Job Maker Hiring Credit Statutory Rules
- Available to employers for every new job created over the next 12 months.
- The Age limit of the employees hired must between 16 and 35 years.
- The employment commencement date should be between 7th October 2020 and 6th October 2021.
- The eligible employee has worked for an average of 20 hours/week for each whole week.
- Credits entitled are $200/week for each eligible employee aged between 16 and 29 years and $100/week for each eligible employee aged between 30 and 35 years.
Further Extension to WFH Shortcut Method
- The ATO has once again extended the WFH Shortcut Method up to 30th June 2021 (previously 31st December 2020).
Services Australia – STP
- Services Australia (formerly Department of Human Services) has announced that it had started using the STP facility to Pre – Fill employer name and ABN information on Centrelink Online Accounts and the Express Plus Centrelink App.
- This expansion of STP (also known as STP Phase 2) reduces the reporting burden for employers who need to report information about their employees to multiple government agencies. The mandatory start date for STP Phase 2 reporting will be 1 January 2022.
Job Keeper and Replacement Staff
- The Ombudsman for ‘Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise’ highlighted that the replacement staff are not eligible for Job Keeper.
- The threshold date is employees hired as of 1st July 2020.
Salary Sacrifice Arrangements for Entertainers/Special Professionals
- This determination allows certain deemed employees like Entertainers, Artists and Sportspersons to enter an effective Salary Sacrifice arrangement with their employer.
- Effective 1st January 2020, the amount of Salary Sacrificed does not reduce the Ordinary Time Earnings on which the SG is to be paid @ 9.50%.
- The addendum to the existing provision states that the amount of any Salary Sacrificed does not reduce any shortfall in SG Contributions from the previous quarters.